Buildings & Rentals

Our church complex is comprised of three buildings (and a garage for storage) These are located on the corner of Winthrop and Summer Streets: Following are notations regarding areas available for events and rentals.

Smoking is prohibited on  the Unitarian Universalist Community Church property.

Church BuildingThe Church Building (69 Winthrop Street) is the successor of an historic Universalist church. The building includes:

  • The Sanctuary (available for church events and rental)
  • Fellowship Hall and Kitchen (available for church events and rental)
  • Nursery (available for church events and rental)
  • Meeting rooms: Robbins Room (Summer St. entrance) and Committee Room (Winthrop St. entrance).  (available for church events and rental)

 

Judd BuildingThe Judd House (71 Winthrop Street) This building is named for Rev. Sylvester Judd, (1813-1852) Unitarian Minister in Augusta 1840-1852. The Judd House was purchased in 2008 and renovated by volunteers from the church community. The building houses:

  • Church Office (1st floor)
  • Office for Minister (1st floor)
  • Religious Exploration Offices (2nd floor)
  • Religious Exploration space (2nd floor)

(This building is not rented. Arrangements for space use is through church staff.)

Drew HouseThe Drew House (6 Summer Street) This building is named for Rev. William Allen Drew (1798-1879), who organized First Universalist Church of Augusta in 1835. It houses:

  • Religious Exploration Space (both floors) (available for church events and rental)
  • Meeting Room: Olsen Room (1st floor back) (available for church events and rental)
  • History Room: (1st floor) (not available for meetings or rental)
  • Small Kitchen (1st floor) (available for church events and rental)

Related:

Around the Church for more information about the facility

Events Forms for scheduling the use of space.

How Our Church Works section on Buildings and Grounds.