The Membership Committee welcomes visitors to UUCC, documents current membership, seeks and new members, and provides information about the Church’s faith and congregation to interested persons. You are invited to assist with greeting and hospitality on Sunday mornings.
The Membership Committee responsibilities and activities:
- Oversee the maintenance by the Office Administrator of an accurate, easily accessible, and up-to-date list of active members of the Church and a list of others with an interest in UUCC.
- Coordinate the Hospitality and Greeting Subcommittees to plan and arrange for: greeting Sunday attendees and providing relevant information.
- Provide nametags, literature, newcomer packets, and newsletters for Sunday service.
- Arrange Sunday coffee hours between services, and after summer services.
- Seek new members.
- Welcome, communicate with, and plan activities for newcomers where information about the UU faith can be shared.
- Promote an awareness of our Church within the larger community, and publicize the programs, events, and activities of the Church for members.