What Happens on Sunday Morning
Most of the year, we have two Sunday morning worship services, one at 9:15 a.m. and another at 11:00 a.m. However, from June to the first Sunday in September, we hold one service at 10:00 am. Information about service themes are noted on the Home Page.
We invite you to join us for refreshments and fellowship following the first morning service. This is an opportunity to meet and get to know others in our church.
Children and youth join the first part of the worship before going to age-specific activities for 5-14 years of age in the 9:15 am service, and for the multi-age Spirit Play during the 11am service.
At various times during the year, time-for-all ages or multigenerational services are lead by the Minister and Director of Religious Exploration in the Sanctuary.
Early Exploration (Child care)is offered every Sunday for children in the room next to Fellowship Hall. Loving care is provided for infants and children age 4 and under by two screened and trained caregivers.
What to Expect
- We are a casual crowd. We encourage you to dress in Sunday morning attire that is comfortable for you.
- Unitarian Universalist Community Church is a Welcoming Congregation committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, and straight people.
- Large print hymnals and assistive listening devices are available for all services. Ushers will obtain these items upon request.
- Name tags help to create a friendly environment. A greeter can assist you with a temporary one and assist you in signing up for a permanent one.
- The Order of Service includes an insert of announcements of things happening that day and at other times.
- We invite you to sign the Guest Book in the Vestry (outside of the Sanctuary). We look forward to sending you several issues of the newsletter, The Flaming Chalice. Please be sure to pick up a copy of the current newsletter edition and literature about this congregation and Unitarian Universalism.